11.22.2008

Typical

Before I go into more depth about myself I want to talk about one of my weaknesses.

I have an annoying habit of starting a new pursuit or passion and learning every damn thing I can. I can hear you saying "that's not a weakness". Well, In my case it is. I start off setting a goal and then voraciously devour every piece of information and knowledge i can, Before I even Start.

So what typically happens is that I never even take the first step. Its like that in the recesses of my mind I think that I have to be an expert before I take that first step, and that can be paralysing. I have found that in business or pleasure it is best just to jump in and just do it. Start running until you hit the first wall and then learn. Then repeat. Usually by the time you look up you have come so far and learned so much. Experience is the great teacher.

I set a goal to learn pick up to increase the amount of women in my life. I have always had a few women in my life at any given time but my success rate with these women is low. I bang one and blow out five. Every night for the past month I have devoted an hour or more to studying the seduction arts. I am very analytical and pride myself on my ability to learn and learn I have. I almost foolishly feel like an expert. The problem is I have not even taken a full first step and that is typically my problem. The classic Armchair General.

Once I get started (Usually at the prodding of mentors or business partners) I am unstoppable.

I'm starting now. My next post will be my goal broken down into actions.

No comments: